Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard works in BIOS, not in OS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tonno22

Tonno22

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

I've got an ASUS desktop and the keyboard works in the BIOS, but not on login or in OS. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, I've tried other keyboards, I've tried the round connection type for a keyboard as well. I've installed chip set drivers and nothing seems to work. What am I missing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tonno22

Tonno22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

I've also tried legacy USB in BIOS but no dice.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:04 AM

If you tap F8 at boot does it bring up the Advanced Menu Options? If it does select Last Known Good Configuration. If that does not work does the keyboard work in Safe Mode? If you cannot access Safe Mode with the keyboard select Repair Computer in the Advanced Boot Options and do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

#4 Tonno22

Tonno22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

PC won't go to advanced menu options, going to try restore point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users