Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Enough Specs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VishIsBoss

VishIsBoss

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

Right Now I have a HP Pavilion p6610f Desktop. The Specs will be linked below. So I've been doing some research and have even asked some of my friends whether or not I should BUY a new PC/Laptop or just simply get the parts that will really help my PC's performance(This One!). Since I only have a $250-$300 budget(With Tax 13%), I have come down to these parts:

AMD A6-5400K Trinity Dual-Core 3.6 GHz Socket FM2 65W AD540KOKHJBOX Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7540D GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ AMD A68H SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard EVGA 430 W1 100-W1-0430-KR 80+ WHITE 430W Power Supply PNY GT 700 GeForce GT 730 DirectX 12 (feature 11_0) VCGGT7301D5LXPB 1GB 64-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Low Profile Ready Video Card

So I personally think these will my PC a lot however I just want to make sure if it will or not. And yes, whatever is remaining and that is still in my PC will still be there, for example the RAM.

Capture_zpsizmm6vds.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:38 AM

I don't think you can replace the motherboard on your existing (HP Pavilion p6610f Desktop), with a new one.

You could build a new computer with the parts listed with a cheap case.

Edited by CyberSec_ET, 14 September 2016 - 04:44 AM.

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

What are you going to be using this PC for?  If the Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H is your current board, you do have a number of upgrade options for the CPU.  If that is your motherboard, based on Gigabyte's information here, you can upgrade to A10 processors, provided you update the BIOS.

If that Gigabyte board is not your current board and you are planning on replacing it, I don't think you'll be able to do this within your budget.

3939.png

#4 VishIsBoss

VishIsBoss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

I don't think you can replace the motherboard on your existing (HP Pavilion p6610f Desktop), with a new one.

You could build a new computer with the parts listed with a cheap case.

What are you going to be using this PC for?  If the Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H is your current board, you do have a number of upgrade options for the CPU.  If that is your motherboard, based on Gigabyte's information here, you can upgrade to A10 processors, provided you update the BIOS.

If that Gigabyte board is not your current board and you are planning on replacing it, I don't think you'll be able to do this within your budget.

Since I am going to be using this PC for quite severe work, it would make more sense if I just start fresh. Do these parts fit together? If not, is there any replacement you recommend.

Case: XION Gaming Series XON-310_BK Blak with Blue LED Light Steel/Plastic MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GPU/VPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GT 420 2GB 80mm FAN

PSU: APEVIA ATX-VS450W 450W ATX12V Power Supply

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB(2 x 4GB) 24-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC312800) Dekstop Memory Model

BOPSTAR H81MHV3 LGA 1150 Intel H81 HDMI SATA 6Gbs/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor: Intel Celeron G1840 Haswell Dual-Core 2.8GHz LGA 1150 53W BX80646G1840 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Total: $291.42 + Tax

Remeber, I will still have my old hard drive which is almost 700GB.

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

Quite severe work? Is this work graphically intense, heavy on ram, cpu or storage?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:29 AM

What exactly is quite severe work?

If it is graphics, you're going to spend well over your $300 budget.  You'll also need to budget for a copy of Windows, which is about $100 or so, unless you want to learn how to use Linux and try to get everything working with that.  I do agree that starting over fresh would probably be the best solution.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users