Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weirdest Browser/Mouse issue I've ever seen. Help?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phneri

phneri

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

Ok, this is about the strangest issue I've had and doesn't seem to want to go away:

System: Win 10 pro (latest updates, clean install) on i5-3450 with 24gb RAM and nVidia 970 GTX using 2 monitors (work from home/games stuff machine).

Using Tesoro mechanical keyboard and Razer Taipan mouse.

Intermittently (cannot seem to find a specific cause, but happens more consistently with multiple web browser tabs open in Chrome) the mouse will "lock" so that I can only click the web browser. Following this the browser will repeatedly go "back" as if I'm hitting backspace on the keyboard or clicking the back button. This is intermittent, and will persist off and on until I ctrl-alt-del, which will halt the problem temporarily.

(The mouse can move outside the browser window. Just can't click on anything on taskbar, etc until CAD hit). 

I've updated drivers for everything and cleared Chrome's cache and redone. Also killed other applications, reinstalled flash from zero (flash based applications seem to trigger it?) and completely uninstalled and reinstalled both keyboard and mouse. All will only fix temporarily.

Malwarebytes and Win Defender show clean, as did a third when I disabled the other two and tried it (Sophos Home). 

I can find no documentation on this issue being reported from the keyboard or mouse manufacturer, and can't find any other application that would be doing this. Any help would be appreciated. This isn't a killer bug, but it is INCREDIBLY annoying. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users