Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem to install Window 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Herbert667

Herbert667

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:26 AM

I have a problem to install Windows-7 on a hard drive which was cleaned by applying
the program Wipe Drive Wizard ( www.whitecanyon.com )
The Window 7 DVD starts with loading files,then a message appears " No drives were found,
make sure the installation media contains the device drivers  "

I assume they mean the Windows-7 DVD,correct me if I am wrong.

As there are virtually hundreds of files on the W-7 DVD I wonder if
somebody could let me know which option to choose.

Or explain another method to achieve my goal.

Thank you

Herbert667

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

This usually happens because the Windows 7 install disk does not have the mass storage drivers for the drive controller. What is the make and model of the computer?

#3 Herbert667

Herbert667
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

Thank you for your reply.

My computer is home made with a Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD5H motherboard.

O/S = Windows7

Herbert667

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

Go here and download the Intel Preinstall Driver and the Marvel Preinstall driver under the SATA section. These are self extracting zip files. Unzip the files of both to a folder on your desktop. Copy the unzipped files, not the folder, to the root of a USB flash drive.  Attach the USB flash drive and boot your install disk. When you get to the screen that says Load Driver in the lower left click it and your hard drive should be detected. I don't know if your drive is connected to the Intel or Marvel controller so download both. 

be6cr.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users