Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complete, full reinstall

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 resertedlab

resertedlab

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:29 PM

Friends, i will now reinstall my Dell Inspiron because a fear that friends of mine have installed something bad while i was gone. My question is since few threads pop up that somehow viruses/trojans can survive windows reinstall and i wonder how that could be possible. i assume if some files are saved or anything. Anyway here it is, i am not that good and sorry if question sounds stupid, i only have C:, everything i install is stored there. The guy i bough the laptop told me to create D: or recovery section i did not understand him back, anyway i done nothing. I will now download windows from my other laptop and i have few questions, i hope you to answer me

1. I understand i must check the BIOS and set start usb first, so once i shut down the laptop, i will plug the usb with windows and and i want to boot it directly, without starting the pc normaly. Do you know where to enable such option, since i dont even know how to start the BIOS?

2. I want to wipe everything, i have nothing important to keep and i want to be sure that everything is nuked and nothing can survive, so is there anything special i should do or i just follow the windows instructions?

3. I will switch WIFI OFF before shuting down, anything else that can be useful?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

This is your fourth topic on the same issue.  Your questions have been answered by members in this forum and in the MRL forum as well.  What exactly do you not understand?

Edited by dc3, 13 September 2016 - 09:09 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 resertedlab

resertedlab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

It is not same issue, there are four different topics with different answers, i notice however its your second time telling me that. I've never asked about windows reisntall before, and what i dont understand is asked in the topic.

#4 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

1. I understand i must check the BIOS and set start usb first, so once i shut down the laptop, i will plug the usb with windows and and i want to boot it directly, without starting the pc normaly. Do you know where to enable such option, since i dont even know how to start the BIOS?

2. I want to wipe everything, i have nothing important to keep and i want to be sure that everything is nuked and nothing can survive, so is there anything special i should do or i just follow the windows instructions?

3. I will switch WIFI OFF before shuting down, anything else that can be useful?

Thank you

1. You are Referring to Booting from the USB Drive. You can Boot from the USB Drive by Opening the Boot Menu and Selecting the USB Drive. The Key to Load the Boot Menu will Vary Depending on Your Computer. If you need to You can adjust your system BIOS to boot from the USB Drive first. But that tends to be a bit more complicated and varys from system to system.

TIP: How To Boot From USB Drive Information Table and Boot Menu Key Options

2. You Will Want to Perform a "Custom Install" , A Custom Install Will Delete the Files on the Windows Drive and Reinstall Windows for You. 

3. Windows 8 should install fine with all of your hardware connected, internal and external, but if you run into trouble, or have had trouble installing Windows on this computer before, removing unnecessary internal components (if you have a desktop) and disconnecting USB and other external devices should help. Once the Windows 8 clean install is complete, you can connect those devices one at a time.

The Rest of the Installation Should be Self Explanatory. 

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#5 resertedlab

resertedlab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

Xanti thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic