Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is syntax to find frequency of numbers in range of cells?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Astrovel

Astrovel

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

I don't know how to use Excel very much. It is way above my head but I need to calculate the frequency of a column of numbers in a range of cells. I have tried everything I can based on the instruction books and online helps. But it always comes back wanting a name for the range of cells. I have tried

giving it a name but nothing works.

It appears to me that the mode feature is what I need to get the numbers I need. But I have tried: =mode:(B4:G85)

and it comes back with #name?.   Tried to name it with no success.  Tried =mode:multi(B4:G85)  still comes back with #name?.

I tried doing a formula for each column of cells =mode(B4:B85) and still no luck.

What the heck do I have to do to find out the highest number used most often and subsequent numbers down the cell?

I have a range of cells from B4-G4 that is 85 lines down.

Can somebody help out this poor old lady that is going nuts trying to figure this out?

Thank you, thank you thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/FREQUENCY-function-44e3be2b-eca0-42cd-a3f7-fd9ea898fdb9

?

Or maybe http://www.exceluser.com/formulas/countifs-frequency-distributions.htm

?

Edited by SpywareDoc, 14 September 2016 - 05:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users