Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clean install of Windows 8.1 with bing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:24 PM

I have a Windows 8.1 with Bing laptop that I would like to do a "clean install" of the OS.  Having problems understanding if I can and if yes, where to find iso for it.

Thanks,

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Here is the MS link for the Windows 8.1 .iso

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Not sure what you mean by 'if you can'?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

I've already followed that link, and when I try to install it gives a msg like;  This key is not a match for this version of windows 8.1.... It does not specifically give me download option for Windows 8.1 with Bing, which is what is installed on the laptop.  I've done a factory recovery and the ie issues persist, so I want to try a clean install. I've read that doing a clean install with Windows 8.1 with Bing is not available..

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

It seems Windows 8.1 with Bing was a version given away to OEM's to keep the price of the computer near a chromebook. You are correct in that you cannot download it and that is why you received that error message when trying to use the Media Creation Tool. 

Why not use another browser other than IE.

http://www.howtogeek.com/195934/what-exactly-is-windows-8.1-with-bing-do-i-have-to-use-bing/

Windows 8.1 with Bing is different. To change Windows 8.1 with Bing into “Windows 8.1 Without Bing,” all you have to do is open Internet Explorer and change your default search engine. You’re free to change your default web browser, too. You can also disable the system-wide Bing search integration and even uninstall all those full-screen Bing “Store apps,” if you like. You don’t even have to use a Microsoft account — you could even use a local user account and not touch any of Microsoft’s online services.

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 September 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#5 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

I would be more than happy to use any other browser, if someone could explain why ie 11 works on some pc's and not others???  

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

Sorry I missed the 'with Bing' portion.

In addition to JohnC21's info there is this:

How to download Windows 8.1 with Bing

Doesn't appear there is a Microsoft .iso of 8.1 with Bing. But the above link offers a way to get one via torrent.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users