Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:39 AM
Here are some free hardware diagnosiics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
Let's have a look at this report after the next crash:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:
SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps. If uncertain, please ask.
NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.
To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:
1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.
2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.
The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan
Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.
Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.