Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Open Shared Files/Drives with Android Connected WIFI

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nickhog2010

nickhog2010

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

5 PCs Connected to Local Network:
1- Win10 Home - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - V.1511 10586.545
2- Win10 Pro - v.1607 14393.105

Win10 v.1511 Home, 2 - Win10 Pro V.1511, and 1- Win10 Pro v.1607 are all hard wired Ethernet.

1- Win10 Pro V1607 connected via WIFI (5ghz)

All Network shares are set, Password Protected Sharing is turned off, on all systems. All PCs open/view/share folders and files as expected between all PCs.

Before install Anniversary Update on 2 PCs, I could Copy files from my Mot Android Turbo 2 phone (connected via WIFI (5GHZ or 2.4Ghz) using Asus File Manager Ap, to any shared PC folders on my network.

After Installing AU 1607 on 2 of the PCs on my network, I can now only copy file to my Windows Home V.1511 PC. All others are requesting User and Passwords for access. Again, Password Protected Sharing is turned off on all PCs....

Can open and copy to PUBLIC folders but not other shared Drives/folders...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

Try rebooting the windows system and then reboot the Android. Try to access the files. If it's still not connecting then check the shared files. Right-click | properties | sharing tab | share button. Is there a Everyone group with read/write access? If there is not, then you need to add it. Type in Everyone in the top field and add it. Then down below give the Anyone group, Read/Write access.

#3 nickhog2010

nickhog2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback but, that has all been accomplished several times over.  All available settings have been checked and rechecked and "All" are set to correctly allow file sharing.    Again, I was able to accomplish this on all my systems prior to the Anniversary Update.  The fact that the Win10 Home config works and the Win10 Pro doesn't seems a little odd...

Additional Information -

1- I thought maybe if I turned off the 1607 machines on the network that maybe that would help.  It Did Not...  Problem remains. 

2- All PC's , except the Win10 Home, were upgraded from Win7 Pro configurations and then Win10 Clean installed.  Win10 Home PC was upgraded and has not had Win10 Clean installed and is still running as a Win7 Upgraded to Win10.

#4 nickhog2010

nickhog2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Found a fix for this problem and wanted to share for those who may have similar problems....

Here is a link to the solution and once you see it, I think you'll see how M$ Win10 is broken...

http://www.allpcstuff.com/es-file-explorer-account-has-no-permissions-solution/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users