Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram motherboard idk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 20baldauffj

20baldauffj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

ok can anyone help me my pc has been crashing lately and giving me the error code for Memory modulesare detected, buta memory failurehas occurred so i did memtest with 2 sticks and it got through and said it worked then i tried some of my other sticks but they froze 1-3 mins in then i tried the original 2 that went for a hour before and they froce 5 mins in ld it be the slots or somthing  

when i takwe my ram out and put it back in it works for a bit then crashes and i have to do that again and again

Mod Edit:  Merged topics, moved from Internal Hardware to System Building - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 20 October 2016 - 10:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

FWIW  Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

Louis

#3 20baldauffj

20baldauffj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hello does anyone know if there will be any problems for this build it is for gaming i am using some parts from another pc i had for gaming but mother board broke so i am replacing that and cpu.
Precision T5400 Case
MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Dell PN: GM869 Power Supply
SATA 5.25" DVD-RW Drive
8x 4GB PC2-5300F DDR2 Memory
2TB 3.5" SATA Hard Drive
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
NVIDIA GTX980 DDR5 4GB Video Card
any suggestions or infomation will be greatly impreciated

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:33 AM

RAM is not compatible with CPU. PSU seems to be compatible and case should also.

But at least you need new RAM with that FX CPU.

#5 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:27 AM

So you have FB-DIMM DDR2.

As FB-DIMM's are expensive and that "full buffering" is mostly useless feature, you perhaps have some chance to find cheap replacement board. If not, then you need to replace memory too with new motherboard and CPU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users