Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Design Courses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

I've been wanting to get into the IT field for a while now, but wasn't sure which way to go. I know what I want to do now and it Web Design. I have put a couple (Basic) sites together on my own, but I would like to go commercial and make some kind of living. Could someone please a little guidance on how to get started. Also would like to know how long it would take before I can step out to offer my services. The sites I put together are for my wife. I could share them if need be. Thank you!

Edited by ocean77, 11 September 2016 - 08:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2015/04/the-ultimate-guide-to-getting-started-in-web-design/

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:27 PM

Thank you so much for this link, it's going be so much help. I was discussing what my plans are with a person from work and they seem to think that it may not be worth the trouble being that today just about anybody get build a web site. I know that there are a lot of people out there doing this, but I do have a passion for this and it could possibly lead to a little income in time.

May I have your thought on the issue? Thank you! 

#4 Webdeveloper

Webdeveloper

• Banned Spammer
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

If you want to be a freelancer website designer then you need to learn HTML, CSS and Photoshop to design clean and professional websites. You can learn the designing tutorials from lynda and Udemy academy.  HTML and CSS are both necessary for creating the contents and layout of a website.

HTML: The HTML is used to create the contents of the web pages. HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language. It is used to create media player, menus, navigation structure in the web pages.

External Cascading Style Sheet: In External Cascading Style Sheet, you create separate CSS file and write the CSS code in that file.

Internal Cascading Style Sheet: In Internal Cascading Style Sheet, You write the CSS code in the head section of HTML code. which makes it easier to apply styles likes classes to reuse the code.

In line Cascading Style Sheet: The Inline style is specific to the tag itself. The inline style uses the HTML "style"" attribute to style a specific tag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users