Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent BSODs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MessiFan

MessiFan

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hi everyone

I experience frequent BSODs maybe once every two months .Don't know if it is virus or hardware  problem I will  appreciate if you read

my reports and logs.

And I cant save performance report as a zip file . It says archive is in other format or is damaged.

Thank you everyone

MessiFan

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports

There are no memory dumps listed in the KernelDumpList.txt report

There are signs of BSOD's in early August - but there are no reports relating to them.

If you are using disk cleaning software (such as CCleaner) please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

There are many, many Windows Update errors in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

ZAM Helper Driver    ROOT\LEGACY_ZAM\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit    ROOT\LEGACY_ESPROTECTIONDRIVER\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
ZAM Guard Driver    ROOT\LEGACY_ZAM_GUARD\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
BAPIDRV    ROOT\LEGACY_BAPIDRV\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Please remove the Zemana AntiMalware program, the MalwareBytes AntiExploit program, and the 360.cn anti virus program

Then right click on each of the problem devices and select "uninstall"

There is some indication in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report that BitDefender may be to blame.

Please uninstall BitDefender (and use Windows Defender) in order to test and see if that's the problem.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 MessiFan

MessiFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:14 AM

In the August I had the first BSOD.On that day,there was an incident where my hosts file was being edited.And I reset it then and there.My antivirus k7 security detected some Trojans back then.

Just thought you needed to know

Thanks for the reply
MessiFan

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 05:50 AM

If ti's not the BitDefender, then I'd have to wonder about a virus infection.

If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

John, I already assisted him with his malware related issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626008/possible-viruses-and-temp-folder

His system is clean now, so I doubt the BSODs are related to malware.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 MessiFan

MessiFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:03 AM

What do I do now?

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

Thanks Aura!

MessiFan - Have you uninstalled BitDefender?  What are you using for protection while BitDefender is uninstalled?

Do the BSOD's continue even after BitDefender is uninstalled?

Have you uninstalled the Zemana AntiMalware program, the MalwareBytes AntiExploit program, and the 360.cn anti virus program?

If all of that has been done, then we wait to see if the BSOD's continue.

If they do, then post back with another set of the reports (which, hopefully, has a memory dump or two for us to look at).

Edited by usasma, 14 September 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#8 MessiFan

MessiFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:34 AM

Hi

I cant find the 360 cn, antivirus in my system.How do I remove?

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:52 AM

Right click on this problem entry in Device Manager and select "uninstall":

BAPIDRV    ROOT\LEGACY_BAPIDRV\0000    This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

#10 MessiFan

MessiFan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:04 AM

hi

did it what do I do now?

thanks

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:08 AM

Now we wait to see if the BSOD's continue

If they do, zip up the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump directory and upload it with your next post.

If you can't zip it there, copy it to your Desktop and zip it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users