Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS GL752VW No battery is detected error.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Akoop

Akoop

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

I have a recently purchased ASUS laptop as mentioned in title (bought two weeks ago), and there seems to be issue after issue.

I had problems with my sound card popping a crackling (among other issues). After updating my BIOS drivers to their newest available ones on the ASUS website, this fixed the problem. 
But doing so caused a new issue it seems.

Since updating the BIOS drivers, my battery icon shows an 'x' on the battery and says 'no Battery Is Detected' on mouseover.
If I turn the computer off, disconnect the AC and try and turn it on again, it wont turn on at all.

I have tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling the two drivers under Battery and then reinstalling them, but this hasn't worked. 
I have seen solutions online that involve removing the battery and then adding it back, but the laptop I have has a non removable, built in battery.

I have also tried uninstalling the "Microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" and "Microsoft AC adaptor" drivers, then restarting the computer.
This worked to redetect the battery, but ONLY until the next computer restart, when the problem resurfaced.

I am using Windows 10 64-bit. What other options are available to me?

My specs:
System Manufacturer/Model Number ASUS ROG GL752VW 
OS Windows 10 64-bit 
CPU Intel® Core™ i7 6700HQ Processor, 
Memory 16gb DDR4 2133 MHz SDRAM 
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 2G GDDR5 VRAM 

Edited by Akoop, 10 September 2016 - 10:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:48 PM

Take it back to where you bought it and either get it fixed or get a replacement that works.

If its faulty it faulty ! , and still under warranty , return it.

#3 Akoop

Akoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:18 AM

Take it back to where you bought it and either get it fixed or get a replacement that works.

If its faulty it faulty ! , and still under warranty , return it.

If it were that easy, I would. But I live in Japan and bought this from Amazon US.

However, I do believe the issues are all software based, not hardware, as things worked fine until I updated drivers.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

FWIW

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users