Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello - I am new here and full of lack of computer knowledge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mumkay

mumkay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

My knowledge is extremely basic!

But I have always been interested in everything "computer" and have followed or am following all the news, computer and otherwise.

The reason I learned about Bleeping Computer was a ransom ware shut-down on my PC, Windows 7, and the rescue by a computer expert, probably thanks to BC when I asked him about the best site to check.

I maybe a somewhat unusual newcomer to this forum because of my 76 yrs on this planet, but I am very aware of the great vulnerability we all have to live with.  So, being a strong believer in prevention, I would like to "arm" myself with as much knowledge as possible and hope to find some patient help here at BC!

Also, in order to warn my 4 "kids", now in their 40s, to be much more careful with private information-volunteering.

I am not on any message site, except facebook, which I joined only a week ago.

(In 1970 I had bought programming lesson, bec. I knew what was coming, but with my 4th child on the way, I didn't have enough discipline and am forever sorry about it!)

Thanks!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 11 September 2016 - 03:53 PM.
Change font size

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:56 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Second, I am reasonably sure you are not the oldest member of BC, by some distance. And, finally, could you check your font size before you post ?  I didn't quite need a magnifying glass but it was close !.

The default font is either Lucida or Tahoma 14 pt. Even if you have clicked the 'Post' button you can still change it for up to 24 hours - just click on the 'Edit' button, which is to the left of the 'Multi-quote' one, then select all the text, and then select 14 pt, then click 'Save changes'. Job done. I have changed it for you, but remember this for the future.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mumkay

mumkay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Chris,

Appreciate your changing it for me. 

It didn't look so small on my computer.

But, yeah, font and size are very important to me. 

Personally, I favor Century Gothic before all others, usually in a 9.

Actually, what I see here right now is Century Gothic.  Can't tell the size.

So, it must be my setting.  Anyway thanks again!

BarbK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users