Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get past BSOD and hangs at loading screen when repairing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dobob

Dobob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

UPDATE: Tested my SSD and on my laptop and it doesn't show up. Is there a way to recover my data?

BSOD:

check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption , and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80399BB0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

System info:

Windows 7 (on samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD)
x64
Originally was windows 7 (same one)
OEM version(on some disk my in-law gave me, his friend works at a computer store)
system is about 2 - 3 years
Never reinstalled OS
Intel i7 CPU
ATI radeon HD5870 graphics card
Gigabyte G1 sniper z87 motherboard
XFX 650W power supply

Desktop

What I have tried:

1. Can't enter safe mode. I get same BSOD right after loading screen finishes.

2. Running system start-up repair hangs on "Microsoft Corporation" loading screen. Can't get any system recovery options.

3. I also can't run check disk, at least not that I know of considering I can't get a command prompt.

4. Extacted my SSD into an external case and plugged into my laptop, it doesn't show up.

Last thing I did:

1. ALT+CTRL+DELETE to end non-responding Firefox web browser. Clicked it a few too many times and deleted some other processes as well.

2. Tried Googling things and Google gave me an error webpage when googling some entries(weird), but it works for other entries. I made sure I was connected to the internet.

3. Tried opening documents in OpenOffice and got some error(I think with some hex code as well). Tried uninstalling OpenOffice and got some error. Tried installing a new copy and I got some error about needing to go back due to undo something. Then the downloader hangs and windows stops responding.

4. Shut down and started computer and got blue screen.

Edited by Dobob, 10 September 2016 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 05:12 AM

STOP using the drive.  If it's failing, each time you use it will increase the chances that it will fail completely

And that will make data recovery very expensive (if it's even possible at that late stage).

Slave the hard drive to another computer (usually using a USB caddy), and immediately copy over the contents of your User profile(s) and then the Public profile

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Dobob

Dobob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

STOP using the drive.  If it's failing, each time you use it will increase the chances that it will fail completely

And that will make data recovery very expensive (if it's even possible at that late stage).

Slave the hard drive to another computer (usually using a USB caddy), and immediately copy over the contents of your User profile(s) and then the Public profile

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

I tried that and my laptop doesn't detect the SSD :(

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

I'm sorry if I missed your comment on trying to slave the drive - I have visual issues and sometimes miss things.

If you can't get the SSD to show up when slaving to another system - then it's likely a severe problem with the drive.

You can try different data recovery software, but data recovery will quickly become very expensive

You can try the software at http://www.runtime.org

It's free to run and will tell you what it can recover - but you'll have to pay them to actually recover the data.

If it doesn't see the drive, then they'll also have suggestions on data recovery.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users