UPDATE: Tested my SSD and on my laptop and it doesn't show up. Is there a way to recover my data?
check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption , and then restart your computer.
** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80399BB0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Windows 7 (on samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD)
Originally was windows 7 (same one)
OEM version(on some disk my in-law gave me, his friend works at a computer store)
system is about 2 - 3 years
Never reinstalled OS
Intel i7 CPU
ATI radeon HD5870 graphics card
Gigabyte G1 sniper z87 motherboard
XFX 650W power supply
What I have tried:
1. Can't enter safe mode. I get same BSOD right after loading screen finishes.
2. Running system start-up repair hangs on "Microsoft Corporation" loading screen. Can't get any system recovery options.
3. I also can't run check disk, at least not that I know of considering I can't get a command prompt.
4. Extacted my SSD into an external case and plugged into my laptop, it doesn't show up.
Last thing I did:
1. ALT+CTRL+DELETE to end non-responding Firefox web browser. Clicked it a few too many times and deleted some other processes as well.
2. Tried Googling things and Google gave me an error webpage when googling some entries(weird), but it works for other entries. I made sure I was connected to the internet.
3. Tried opening documents in OpenOffice and got some error(I think with some hex code as well). Tried uninstalling OpenOffice and got some error. Tried installing a new copy and I got some error about needing to go back due to undo something. Then the downloader hangs and windows stops responding.
4. Shut down and started computer and got blue screen.
Edited by Dobob, 10 September 2016 - 06:16 PM.