Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Run Two Monitors At The Same Time, While Displaying Different Tasks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buffbiff21

buffbiff21

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:15 AM

I have an Intel core 2 duo , and a 7950 gx2 video card and i have two monitors...

i was wondering if i woudl be able ot play games on one and watch stuff on the other.

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:51 PM

Yes, I have done this using a graphics card with a DVI and VGA connection. However this can also be done using 2 graphics card PCI, PCI-E or VGA. Install The Extra Graphics card and attach the monitor to the card.

Desktop, Right Click >Properties>Settings... The Two Monitors will show up, highlight the second and tick the box Extend Windows Desktop Onto this monitor.

I am not too sure about playing games and watching video on the other...maybe start the video on the second and the game will start on Monitor 1. I think games have to be support multi-monitors..only game i can think of is flight simulator.

Hope This Helps

P.S. Search "Setup Dual Monitors" there will be many guides with info.
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

Because games are full screen this will mess up alot and does not work. But other programs that open in windows such as firefox, word ect... (when you can see the normal x in the corner. You can be example working on a word document and watching a video on the other screen but full screen games don't normally work.

#4 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:33 PM

If you set your desktop resolution to the same that you will use in your game that might solve any issues with going fullscreen on monitor 1 and using monitor 2 as extended desktop. If that doesnt work you could try to run the game in a window if the game supports that option. normally running in a window can kill performance b/c it has to keep switching from 2d to 3d rendering but your hardware looks like it can handle all that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users