Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help For My Modem Driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AsimovIT

AsimovIT

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:37 AM

Hi...for some days when i try to connect to net, i have to unprime modem (U.S. Robotics Int), then make active it again....but i have to scan processes also by Hijack to check this process:

"USRpdA" = "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA" ["U.S. Robotics Corporation"]

hanging around in internet i've read that is a modem driver...so it sould be in my pc....but if i don't delete this process, i can't make my connection.....
Can i once for all resolve this problem so that I can connect to internet without these hindrances each time?

I can't definitively delete the process,can i?...if it is a driver, it sould be present in my pc....

ohhh i don't know what to do....can you help me?

I thank you everybody!....aboveall if i was able to make comprehensible what i'm asking. :thumbsup:

bye bye...C U

p.s.: My operative system is Windows Xp Professional ( but i don't believe it is an important information for my question)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:23 AM

That is not the entire line from the HiJackThis log, is it? There should be some numbers at the begining of the entry, perhaps 04 ? Please post the entire entry.

And just to be clear, are you using this modem to connect to the internet with a dialup connection? Or are you connected on a high speed connection and you must disable the modem in order to be connected? I am a little confused.

If you are using the modem, how is it that it does not work? In other words, do you receive an error message? Does it not dial out? Please describe in more detail exactly what is happening.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 19 August 2006 - 06:26 AM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 AsimovIT

AsimovIT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

ehm...I try to explain

my modem is 56k (dialup connection)...when i start windows, if i try to make a connection there's the error "no signal"....i resolve the problem disabling modem, then i enable again the peripheral. At this moment I can create a connection....but not before scanning system and deleting process that appears using Hijack....I show you what i read:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.94.0
Scan saved at 14.33.23, on 19/08/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar=http://arianna.libero.it
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page=http://www.google.it/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title=Microsoft Internet Explorer fornito da Libero
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page=C:\WINDOWS\system32\blank.htm
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {13A4C5A3-CBF7-1EDE-FF50-25740CE71ACE} - C:\WINDOWS\tuibp1.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Programmi\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] "C:\Programmi\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Programmi\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USRpdA] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\USRmlnkA.exe RunServices \Device\3cpipe-USRpdA

I've marked in red the line I have to delete in order to make a connection

I hope I was clearer...thanks!

#4 AsimovIT

AsimovIT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

hey...could it be that i have to update driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users