Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Anyboby Help Me ..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kizzysmum

kizzysmum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:24 AM

I wonder if someone can help me with this problem.. Aol reps dont seem to be able help up to now .. tried so many things but still the problem is plagueing me :thumbsup:

Hello .. Each time i go into my favourit Forum I get an error signature as follows. AppName:waol.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer:5.1.2600. 1217 Offset: 0033905 and Aol then closes down ..and starts to bring me back online .. "sometimes"it will let me stay in my forum "main page "..but as soon as i start clicking and interacting to read the posts ect..i have been getting a RUNTIME ERROR message ..which is ProgC:|ProgFiles|AOL9|ob|waol.exe R6025 Pure virtual function call. when this message appears and I click on the red cross to close the message box..i then get this ..CicerolUI at "Ox77f83905" referenced memory at "Ox003c" The memory could not be written ..click on to terminate prog ..when i click on that .. i lose everything and go back to my desktop screen.
This has been going for some time now ..and only on this one web page. I have been given different things to try but nothing has solved this problem. Please help me ..its driving me nuts :-(
Best wishes Linda

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:32 AM

Well, for starters AOL software is buggy. That could be the issue. Or it could be malicious software running on your computer. Is this computer running slower than it use to? Do you have limewire or bearshare or kazaa software installed? Is weatherbug installed?

The second idea I have is you may want to test the memory in your computer. If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 kizzysmum

kizzysmum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

Well, for starters AOL software is buggy. That could be the issue. Or it could be malicious software running on your computer. Is this computer running slower than it use to? Do you have limewire or bearshare or kazaa software installed? Is weatherbug installed?

The second idea I have is you may want to test the memory in your computer. If there are two pieces of RAM you could always remove one and see if this issue persists. If it does, swap the pieces and try again. This would identify which piece of RAM is defective, if any.

If you care to test the memory:

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86

Thank you for your response .. I have known many people say the same about AOL.. am thinking of changing .. Aol have advised me to ditch it as its probally been corrupted ..and to reinstall . They also advised me to download new modem drivers assuring me that solve this problem ..nothing has at the moment :thumbsup: While appreciate your answer as a complete inexperienced newby to the computer world ..i find it all a little hard to understand .. but will continue to look around this forum ..I see there are many places I could look . . for a better understanding. Ram .. hard drive memory ? i thought there was only one ? .. see what i mean .. totally lost as yet .. :flowers:

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hi kizzysmum.

The RAM referred to earlier is usually 1 or 2 physical sticks which are plugged into your motherboard. Virtual memory is an ever changing portion on your hard drive which you will not see. There is a tutorial on RAM HERE. Be aware though that there is a great deal of technical information in this article so don't try and take it all in in one go. There are some pix of different types of memory sticks which will help you find them if you are going to try AF's suggestions.

Best of luck with your computer and don't be afraid to keep posting until you get things sorted.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:45 AM

Reinstalling AOL isn't the same thing as removing it. The first step is to download and save the latest version to your hard drive.

Then completely remove AOL from your system. The easiest way to do this is to format and reinstall everything (yes, I'm serious!). If you don't want to do that, at least use the Add/Remove Programs applet in Control Panel to remove most of it from your system (there will be several AOL entries scattered around in it). FYI - using the Add/Remove Programs tool will still leave in excess of 150 individual items on your system that could possibly be causing the problem - that's why I recommend a reinstall.

Then <shudder.gif> install the version of AOL that you've downloaded. This will most likely cure the error message. If it doesn't, then it's probably one of the 150+ entries that remain on your system that's causing the error.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:11 AM

Have you tried using a completely different browser (nonAOL-ised version) to view the forum?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users