Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 650 may be dead

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 antoniu200

antoniu200

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:48 AM

Hi! Today I got a DVI-A to VGA adaptor and tried to replace the R7 240 in my bro's PC. When I plugged the GTX 650 in the computer, it showed nothing on the screen and the fans were spinning like it was on idle, even before the BIOS was initialized. Same did on my computer. His PC has a 350W (real wattage, the PSU is fully capable of reaching 350) and mine has a Corsair VS650. The GTX 650 has no 6 pin power connector, so that is excluded. May I burned the RAMDAC? Why is that a possibility? Because I still use VGA and I used to convert the HDMI digital signal to a analog VGA one.

Before swapping the 650 out of my PC and replacing it with a 660, it worked fine, no problems at all, but now it's dead for - basically - no reason. What to do?

Edited by antoniu200, 10 September 2016 - 06:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

Alright, I see no one will answer my thread, may I ask why? Do I need to go because I told you that the purpose of a forum is to help people? Or why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users