Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd-rw Drive Not Recording

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WhiskeyTango001

WhiskeyTango001

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:12 AM

I have a Compaq Presario SR1550NX 1 GB RAM, 256MB ATI Graphics card (AGP), 200GB Hard Drive DVD-ROM Drive and a DVD-RW DL Drive. I just installed the DVD-RW drive and it is not burning anything, I installed it because the factory issue DVD-RW stopped burning as well. Am I missing something here or is there a setting somewhere that may have been unset; and where would I find it???? Thanks in advance WT001

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:23 AM

If you would explain in more detail, we would be better able to help you.

What is your Operating System (XP Home, XP Pro, etc., ....)?
How much free space do you have on your harddrive (double click My Computer / right click C: drive / select Properties / under the General tab, Free Space)?
Are you using CD-R, or CD-RW discs?
Have you tried a slower burning speed?
What's the extensions, on the files you're trying to burn (mp3, wav, etc., ....)?
What burning software are you using?
Were there any error messages?
If so, what was the exact error message?Have you tried to use different brands of CD's?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 WhiskeyTango001

WhiskeyTango001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:44 AM

tg1911,

No problem;
Window's XP sp2 (sp3 won't load, different subj!)
Free Space 89 gigs.
No CD's
DVD+R RW
Burning speed, no I let Nero control that.
Files are DVD to DVD
Software is Nero 6 (Came with the new burner) and DVD Shrink.
No error messages, infact it says "Process completed successfully"
Like I said before everything was working fine until one day it all stopped. Installed a new Drive and the same problem still exist.
Thanks for you interest.

#4 WhiskeyTango001

WhiskeyTango001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

UPDATE!!! I decided to do a system reboot, but when I attempted to back up my files, pictures, etc.. nothing worked. Would not burn anyhting to a CD either. I'm stumped!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users