Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video clips freezing up in Win 10 & code integrity error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chuck F

Chuck F

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:21 AM

I've got a couple of problems and no idea if they are related.  I have a new system and transferred programs from my previous system using EaseUS Todo Pctransfer.  It did not go smoothly.

When I play video clips that are stored on my new computer using the movies/tv app that comes with win 10, Win Media player, or real player, the clip starts out ok and then grinds to a halt.  This also happens with streaming videos, including YouTube videos.  Both systems are still connected to my router and I can play clips that are stored on the other computer from my new one.  They play fine.  If I copy them to my new system, they play fine for the remainder of that day but the same problems pop up if I shut down and play them the following day.  No error message or anything, it just grinds to a halt, sometimes very quickly

I see the following issue cropping up on my event viewer:

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid.  The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification.  The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name:    \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\efswrt.dll

The event ID is 6281

I'm also seeing errors in the system section of the windows log from the service control manager dealing with User Data Access_58ce750.

I have both Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.  Neither one has detected anything more malicious than PUPs.

Can anybody offer any help or tell me what might be going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users