Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Always "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:49 PM

On my Dell Optiplex 780 I always get a "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." A bit of Googling around reveals that I need to run it up to three times, restarting in between each run, but I have ran it 7 times now and I am still getting the found corrupt files message. It seems like no matter how many times I run it, it always finds corrupt files but can never fix them.

It creates a CBS.log every time, so I uploaded the most recent log

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how can I fix this?

Attached File  CBS.log   2.63MB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

Can I please get some help on this?

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:50 PM

The log file states the file is missing, that's why it can't repair it.

The MSDTC.Log file is used by the Microsoft Distributed Transactions Coordinator. SQL uses it heavily, but some other applications may also rely on MSDTC. Is there an application that's acting up that you need to repair this?

#4 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

My whole system was behaving weird, so I ran Tweaking Windows Repair AIO because AVG IS comes clean and the optional steps in Windows Repair AIO  before starting repairs with the application had me do a system file checker. And that is where the error comes up

#5 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

I've never seen the system file checker fix a specific problem for which it was launched, ever. The kind of solution people suggest when they just don't know what to try. SFC is a very popular answer to everything on Microsoft's forums. I believe it can even cure cancer! :)

What was the problem you were trying to fix?

Edited by Phantom010, 10 September 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#6 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hi

Lets repair the corrupt file:

SFCFix Fix

This fix is very specific for Sylveon Fetish's computer. Trying this fix on your own computer might damage your computer. If you are after assistance, create a new thread, and you will be assisted shortly.

Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and move the executable on your Desktop.

Download SFCFix.zip from here:  and move the archive to your Desktop

Note: Make sure that the file is named SFCFix.zip, do not rename it.

Save any work you have open, and close every programs

Drag the SFCFix.zip file over the SFCFix.exe executable and release it

mMabJGT.gif

SFCFix will launch, let it complete

Once done, a file will appear on your Desktop, called SFCFix.txt

Open the file, then copy and paste its content in your next reply

SFC Scan

1. Click on Start startorb.gif and type cmd. When Command Prompt appears, right-click on it, and click Run as Administrator

2. When command prompt opens, Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Right-click > Paste) the following command into it, then press Enter

sfc /scannow

3. Once it finishes, copy and paste the following into the command-prompt window and press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"

4. Once this has completed please go to your Desktop and you will find CBS.txt => Right-click on this file and choose Send To...Compressed (zipped folder). Please upload this zipped file CBS.zip to this thread

Please Note:: if the file is too big to upload to your next post please upload via a service such as Dropbox or One Drive or SendSpace and just provide the link.

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users