Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Please wait

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Voidz

Voidz

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:11 PM

Hi guys! I was fixing another friends laptop that was very slow and when booting up the laptop, it said "Please wait" for a while, like a normal boot, then the screen comes down, and after clicking/pressing a key, it should take you to the login screen, but instead of that, it goes back to the "Please wait" screen multiple times and after around 3/4 times of doing this, it eventually goes into the login screen and then you can logon.

I figured i'd try to fix this by doing a factory reset. The actual performance on the PC is alot better but it is still having this "please wait" issue. I have no idea what to do, has anyone ran into this problem before and know how to resolve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

Does it do the same if you start it in safe mode?

If no then it's a third part app perhaps.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 AM

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

Fallow the instructions below to perform a clean boot.  In step #7 you will be instructed to restart the computer.  If the problem does not reoccur you have a service that needs to be found and dealt with.  If the problem persists after the restart do the same process with the startup applications.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Click or tap on the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the C key to open the Charms, then type msconfig in the search box.  When msconfig appears below the search box click or tap on it to open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

(1)  Click/tap on the General tab.   

(2)  Click/tap on the Selective startup option. 

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

clean%20boot%201_zpsdhgjof0f.png

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

4.  Click on the Services tab. 

5.  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

6.  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list. 

clean%20boot%203_zpsyvcjopso.png

7.  Click on Hide all Microsoft services.  Click on Apply then OK

clean%20boot%202_zpsekds879g.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.  

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8.  Devide the number of these services by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart
the computer.

9.  If the problem doesn't return in those services remove the checks and place checks in the remaining
services. 

10.  When you find which half the service is in go on to the next step.  

11.  In the half that the problem came back in you should remove the checks from the first half or the
services.

12.  Restart the computer.  If it isn't in the first half of these services, do the same with the last half of the
services. 

13.  Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services remove the checks one at a time till
you find the service at fault.

Once you have found the service post it in your topic.  Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

Edited by dc3, 11 September 2016 - 11:15 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users