Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ONEDRIVE HOW TO DISABLE?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Taralynn56

Taralynn56

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

I would like to disable my Onedrive.  I already pay for extra storage to iCloud and I find trying to deal with 2 different backup systems frustrating. I don't see a picture here or there, I end up with the photo on my PC in several places..very annoying and hard drive wasteful...

I have a VAIO laptop Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10. It is about 3 yrs old.  I have a ton of hard drive but I am only interested in using one back up system.

I am going to remove Onedrive from my iPhone and maybe that will take care of the problem. I am not sure.  I have watched all of the Youtube videos that I can about disabling Onedrive and I do not have any of the clickable icons they talk about. 

When I right click on the Onedrive icon, they say click on settings, I have no such option.   I walked through my computer with the YOUTUBE  video playing and I followed along and when I got to users, I clicked that, I clicked on appdata I had that and then we parted ways, I no longer had any of the icons to click on that he was clicking on. 

Can anyone help? I thought maybe since I bought this and the operating system was 8.1 but was told I could soon upgrade to 10, they would be sending it and they did. So I have an 8.1 operating system that had been upgrades to Windows 10. And of course I think right now it is 10.1.  I was thinking that made the settings different?  Let me thank you ahead of time, for YOUR time, I know it's precious. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

If you choose not to use One Drive, everything is fine. In other words, just don't use it.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:36 PM

One Drive is very integrated into Windows. I use it and Google Drive. I use Google do share files with other and use One Drive to share with my devices. So the best thing to do is not use it.

Edited by orlbuckeye, 09 September 2016 - 12:37 PM.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#4 Taralynn56

Taralynn56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Yes after all this research today, I found the do not share option and I used it.  Easy peasy...but thanks for the info. 

#5 moyoto

moyoto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

I understand.

Open the following web page https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0 and make the necessary changes.

It is easy do not panic.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users