Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Doesn't play well with others

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clarke123

Clarke123

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

Last year I booted Trend Micro from my computer systems because it didn't play well with others, making it a high-maintenance nightmare.  Suddenly, It no longer liked MalwareBytes.  Over the past couple of weeks, Kasperski has begun to exhibit some of the same traits.  They wan me to remove: MalwareBytes, Glary Utilities, Malware Hunter, AND do extensive changes to Google Chrome and MS Explorer ... They also have known problems with WIN 10's latest update(s).

Trouble Report:  INC000006665979 Product crash/hang/freeze

I told them to either fix their software or "take-a-hike" ... 

My position on PITA high-maintenance software?    "Good-Bye!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

I've used Kaspersky Internet Security with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro for many, many years, and never once did they conflict with each other. Did you try to add Malwarebytes' files, folders and processes to Kaspersky's exclusion list?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Clarke123

Clarke123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

In the 6 months that I've had it installed, there was never a problem ... With multiple computers involved, routine maintenance is job enough without "Prima Donnas" ...    The truly crazy thing about the problem is that it was related to Parental Controls which are not activated on my computers! That said,  I will give your suggestion a try ....  

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

You can add the files, folders and processes listed in the post below to Kaspersky's exclusion list.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/24922-running-both-malwarebytes-windows-defender-post412837.html#post412837

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi:

I, too, have been running MBAM Premium (it has not been called "Pro" since March 2014) and KIS on multiple platforms, including currently an OEM Win10 Pro (64-bit) box.

In addition to @Aura's advice:

• It *is* true that KIS/KAV/KTS do not like leftovers/remnants/drivers from other **AVs** on the system.  See here.
    • So it's important to fully and cleanly remove all traces of other AV products, to avoid conflicts, clashes and other issues.
    • That might be part of your issue, if you have been running/trying different AVs.
  • MBAM (Free or Premium) is not an anti-virus, and is not among the "incompatible" software that KAV/KIS/KTS will either automatically remove or ask the user to uninstall
    • To the contrary, MBAM Premium is designed to run alongside all of the popular AVs.
    • There are no current trouble reports at the MBAM forum for issues between MBAM and KAV/KIS/KTS
    • It does help, when installing KL products to first temporarily uninstall MBAM (using the removal tool and rebooting) BEFORE installing/upgrading Kaspersky
      • Once KAV/KIS/KTS is installed, updated, configured and activated and the system has been rebooted, then reinstall MBAM from a fresh copy of the installer.
    • If you need specific help setting mutual exclusions between MBAM and KIS, please let us know -- we can provide detailed steps for that.
  • It's important to run a version of KAV/KIS/KTS that is compatible with your Win10 OS, especially if you have the Anniversary Update (aka RS1, aka 1607):
    • Either 2016 MR1, with patch e, or (depending on your locale) 2016 MR0, with patch g, should work fine.
    • The most current build is actually 2017 MR0 (patch b -- currently being released to users) -- it, too is compatible with Win10 RS1/AU/1607
      • 2017 MR1 will be available for beta-testing soon

I hope this helps,

MM

Edited by MoxieMomma, 09 September 2016 - 09:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users