Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Vista Vs Xp?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tech Elite

Tech Elite

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:21 PM

Ive been told by a person that uses Vista that it is going to wipe out XP..

Is this true? as I Don't think I'm ready to use Vista and would still like to get help with Xp if I need to.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:38 AM

As with any new OS, Vista will,one day, become the OS advisable to have. (Well, as long as nothing goes wrong with it after release) Just Like 95,98,2000,ME, and XP before it. As times change, so will our OS's, but i wouldnt start worrying just yet.
Even when Vista is released early next year, XP will still be a HIGHLY used OS, and will be supported with critical updates for a good couple of years after. So dont feel you have to rush out to by Vista, you will not see XP vanishing anytime soon.
And im sure i am right in saying, all of your XP questions will continue to be answered here at BC long after Vista is released.

Kind regards,
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 Gaming Guru

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 19 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, Windows 98 was a great OS, but its lived its life, since 1998 I guess, to 2006 when support ended, 8 years, not bad. :huh:
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.6GHz Processor / 1GB RAM / Toshiba Satellite A100-VA3 / Windows Vista Home Premium

#4 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

Support for all the OS's is available on forums like these - and will continue long after Microsoft has stopped "official" support.

Vista will be a great leap forward for the Windows OS's - but it will also require more sophisticated hardware (which, in turn, will accelerate the performance of your apps). It has great features - both for security and performance - so don't rule it out just yet.

Finally, as GamingGuru has said, millions of folks will continue to use XP. So Microsoft will continue to support it long after Vista comes out.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

And as wiser hackers than I have said,

"Yea verily, wait thee until the seasons come full circle before investing your gold in a new operating system, and suffer not the trials thereof."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users