Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgraded to 10 but really stuck only ASUS logo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vish500

Vish500

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:14 AM

Well, My laptop is ASUS X102BA that Windows 8 pre-installed.

Its a three year old laptop but still it was working perfectly until yesterday. Yesterday I received update box about WIN10 (frequent  one). I always just close it but yesterday I search a bit about it. I checked compatibility and a short study before further action. I clicked to update to windows 10. After that I continued my work and finally its downloaded everything automatically. I kept the computer for installation and go to bed. I was dreaming about WIN10 and how nice it was and everything. But in the morning I saw a Black screen with ASUS symbol but not loading at all. It continued upto noon. I have no idea how to fix it. seems like no one experienced this kind of issues. I am fine to erase all (fresh install) I dont know how to make it even to  BIOS. nothing is working even BIOS or any keywords(Just Black screen with ASUS logo) 

SO please guys. I desperately need your advices to fix it. I already tried to force the power off by pressing the switch but its the same screen after that. . I expect to here some brilliant suggestions from all of you.. 

I have no idea what is installed because 

system specs given below. 

Processor

AMD® Temash Dual core A4-1200 1.0 GHz Processor

• Operating System
    Windows 8
    DOS
  • Memory
    DDR3L 1066 MHz SDRAM, OnBoard Memory 2 GB / 4 GB
  • Display
    10.1" 16:9 HD (1366x768) LED Backlight Glare panel
  • Graphic
    AMD Radeon® HD 8180G
  • Storage
    2.5" 7mm SATA
    320GB 5400 RPM 
    500GB 5400 RPM

Hope this informations help... 

and thanks in advance... 

vishnu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

I know that this will not help (and I hope that somebody here can help you), but you are aware that there is no free upgrade to Windows 10 anymore, right? If you do upgrade to Windows 10 right now it will cost you about $100 so it is best to stick with Windows 8.1 unless you purchased a genuine Windows 10 license from a Microsoft retailer.

Your post indicated that you had Windows 8 before you attempted this upgrade, is that right? That might have been the problem because normally the upgrade process would require a minimum of Windows 8.1. Do you have the installation media for Windows 8? You might need to insert that to correct your problem.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

Try powercycling the computer. Pull the main battery and unplug the power adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Attach your power adapter but do not replace the main battery. Power on the computer.

#4 Vish500

Vish500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:09 PM

I know that this will not help (and I hope that somebody here can help you), but you are aware that there is no free upgrade to Windows 10 anymore, right? If you do upgrade to Windows 10 right now it will cost you about $100 so it is best to stick with Windows 8.1 unless you purchased a genuine Windows 10 license from a Microsoft retailer.

Your post indicated that you had Windows 8 before you attempted this upgrade, is that right? That might have been the problem because normally the upgrade process would require a minimum of Windows 8.1. Do you have the installation media for Windows 8? You might need to insert that to correct your problem.

Thank you for this information.... I usually get some messages while updating saying that my windows 8 can upgrade to 10 and after many times of continues messages i just tried once. and messed it up. I thought about the same like you said. Normally it might not be possible to upgrade from WIn 8 to Win 10 directly. but i dont know. I just replied their dialogue box and after Windows box instructed me to download installer from their website. I just did it. Windows check their own compatibility test and download by itself. I decision was not involved in the process. I kept the computer turned on because it was downloading but after in the morning what I saw is just this LOGO.... I even waited 6 extra hours... thinking that its because of the system.  And I think I can think about the service center option but I am not even sure that they could roll back my previous OS... thank you Rocky... 

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

I think that you have several options. Either buy a license to Windows 10, they are about $100, or just re-install your Windows 8. You really need to choose which option you want to pursue before you progress any further.

If I were you I would stick with Windows 8. Just re-install it from scratch with the installation media and you should be fine. Of course after you install Windows 8 you really should consider updating to Windows 8.1, it is a much nicer OS than Windows 8. Actually, Windows 8.1 is very similar to Windows 10.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

I actually spent a considerable amount of time researching your problem and I think that this is your best bet;

https://smile.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-System-Builder/dp/B00ZSI7Y3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473461075&sr=8-1&keywords=windows+10

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I have done a lot of research on this subject and you really needed Windows 8.1 installed before you attempted the upgrade. What you need to do now is re-install Windows 8.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12435/windows-10-upgrade-faq

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 13 September 2016 - 02:20 PM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 lyrgo

lyrgo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:48 AM

on my Asusu UX32 was the same problem

In bios a i changed to : CSM Enable

and Windows start up normally

to enable csm you have to switch off Secure boot - maybe this was main issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic