Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Window's 10, a whole bunch of issues.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swordsith

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

Recently on the newest version of windows 10, my computer has been crawling during very weird task's such as, dragging a window around sometimes my computer will freeze up and not do anything when i have my cursor over certain program's and will stay that way until I take it off, also program's like Adobe Photoshop, and explorer are running at snail speed in general, like, i'll load up a file and it'll say it's loading but it wont display the contents til i click again which is odd. also some weird examples are when i try to type out a YouTube comment, my computer come's to a halt and takes ages, the response time will be at least 2 seconds behind, whilst on different sight's such as this one I can write this with no issues at all. 

I have ran virus scan's with updated databases and nothing, also i have done a SFC and apparently that "fixed some issues but not all of them", I've also tried doing a DISM restore health, but not very surprisingly like many other's i'm getting the infamous 0x800f081f Error, so that's not much of a help at the moment.

If anyone could help me out that'd be great. My spec's are also fine and i'm running to my knowledge the newest drivers. 

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

I've heard the best bet when you have performance issues with Window 10 the best bet is to do a clean install. I haven't had any issue but i've read lots of people did clean install and things worked good. That means you have to reinstall your apps. But if you choose to do it back up your data.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users