I've been working at this for months now, and I'm pretty sure it's some sophisticated malware, but I need help identifying, or hopefully fixing the problem.
I'm getting pretty tired of it, and I'm thinking of just nuking my hard drive and starting fresh, but I'm worried it's going to be on my firmware too!
I've been experiencing,
- slow computer (100% disk usage. Here is a screenshot of it https://postimg.org/image/fvf00cs4b/)
- few and far apart, ad pop-ups.
- Inability to update/install windows or drivers
- Random disconnections from my wireless (TP-Link adapter)
- Everything running in 32-bit (Even stuff that ran in 64 bit before)
- My anti-virus (360 total security) changed my DNS due to it being malicious
- After running MiniToolBox, the log told me my hosts were 127.0.0.1 down.baidu2016.com and 127.0.0.1 123.sogou.com
- No antivirus software I've tried detects it (Anti-malware bytes, total 360 security, avast free, and BitDefender)
- Total security told me sysWOW64 (the file in whole) tried to change my startup password
And random other suspicious things such as
- my system restore points always get corrupt
- my system info copies I make also become corrupt
- Bitdefender rescue cd couldn't remove 7 found problems after running for 16 hours
- the Bitdefender rescue cd logs were suspiciously gone, preventing me from finding out the file locations of such found items
- No other rescue CDs will work. They just sit at blank screens for hours.
If you can't tell me what's wrong, maybe you can tell me how to wipe my computer completely and reinstall windows. I am currently running windows 10, but i have an 8.1 disk