Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very low video quality on fullscreen with a 1920x1080 laptop screen.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SolidYT

SolidYT

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hello, I recently bought a gaming laptop that has a 1920x1080 screen and a GTX 960 graphics card. All the games look insane but everytime I watch a video in fullscreen the quality goes to around 360p. When I'm not in fullscreen though, the quality is full hd. In some forums I've researched at, they say that the video stretches so it'll fit on the whole screen and that ruins the quality. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

First thing that comes to mind is some option is off in NVIDA Control Panel. Do you have the latest drivers and default settings?

Also, as a test, try disabling Aero theme and see if issue improves.

Last, do you see any difference in different kinds of video? Netflix vs Youtube? Streaming vs playing a file from harddrive?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:35 PM

Last, do you see any difference in different kinds of video? Netflix vs Youtube? Streaming vs playing a file from harddrive?

I think this is an important question. What is the source of the video? Streaming from YouTube or some other site? Or a local video from the hard drive?

And the parallel question is what is the quality level of the video? If the video is not actually an HD video (i.e. is actually a 360p video), then it will look like crap when run in full screen (unless you have a really small screen <grin>). If it is actually a 1080p video, then something odd is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users