Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Trojan Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 buggerfugger

buggerfugger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

Hello, 

First of all, I would like to say I am sorry that I am a new member here and I haven't really done anything for this forum (I haven't even made an introduction), but I would really appreciate your help. I believe my computer has recently been infected with a Trojan. I have seen a slower response time, and my internet downloads with no use of common sense make me even more sure my PC has been infected.

I have included FRST.txt and Addition.txt on this threads files.

Thank you so much!

Attached File  Addition.txt   36.99KB   2 downloads

Attached File  FRST.txt   44.55KB   6 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Press the windows key Windows_Logo_key.gif+ r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.
Type Notepad and and click the OK key.
Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

(NetSupport Ltd) C:\Users\alibb\Maintrance\hostex.exe
HKU\S-1-5-21-3445334214-2573093850-2393554593-1001\...\Run: [Start] => C:\Users\alibb\Maintrance\hostex.exe [30128 2008-10-14] (NetSupport Ltd)
CHR Extension: (Popup Blocker Pro) - C:\Users\alibb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Extensions\kiodaajmphnkcajieajajinghpejdjai [2016-05-05]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\alibb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2016-05-05]
R2 ibtsiva; %SystemRoot%\system32\ibtsiva [X]
R0 AD5E5B5A6; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\AD5E5B5A6.sys [478392 2016-09-07] (Kaspersky Lab ZAO)
FirewallRules: [{F139FE50-4F49-49F0-B21C-81A00BF18F85}] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
FirewallRules: [{83CB62BE-A4CB-40D0-8E37-ED5D82CCD443}] => (Block) C:\program files (x86)\minecraft\runtime\jre-x64\1.8.0_25\bin\javaw.exe
FirewallRules: [{62EEE159-64A8-479F-A06C-86969EBAEEB3}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\Updater.exe
FirewallRules: [{A48E2570-AB0F-4822-B046-0CB1E980CB9A}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\Updater.exe
FirewallRules: [{F126BE6B-5669-416F-A76A-5DA146528F55}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\PopcornTimeDesktop.exe
FirewallRules: [{98512DCB-06DF-43A4-B4EB-A990B9C9641C}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\PopcornTimeDesktop.exe
FirewallRules: [{1BFE87FF-263E-49DC-8096-2E6BA0C9A770}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\chromecast\node.exe
FirewallRules: [{6737FC07-0843-48EC-85C2-B5BCC085CDAF}] => (Allow) C:\Program Files (x86)\Popcorn Time\chromecast\node.exe
FirewallRules: [TCP Query User{A55EE19D-B789-4C51-A634-DD18A1AE509F}C:\users\alibb\maintrance\hostex.exe] => (Block) C:\users\alibb\maintrance\hostex.exe
FirewallRules: [UDP Query User{84BA90C1-58D5-4734-8081-BED9DD88C5C3}C:\users\alibb\maintrance\hostex.exe] => (Block) C:\users\alibb\maintrance\hostex.exe
C:\Users\alibb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Extensions\kiodaajmphnkcajieajajinghpejdjai
C:\Users\alibb\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda
C:\Users\alibb\Maintrance
\Windows\System32\drivers\AD5E5B5A6.sys

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.

Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

===

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.
IMPORTANT
  • If you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.
If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.
  • Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.
  • Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.
  • A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
  • You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).
===

Please post the logs and let me know what problem persists.

#3 buggerfugger

buggerfugger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 09 September 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hello, 

First of all, I wanted to thank you for your help. I followed through the steps you have given me, and any problems I was having seem to have vanished. 

I included my logs from the three scans in this post. 

Attached File  Fixlog.txt   5.98KB   0 downloads

Attached File  mbamlogs.txt   1.02KB   2 downloads

Attached File  AdwCleanerC3.txt   1.33KB   2 downloads

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

Glad we could help.

If all is well.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide best security practices keep safe.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users