Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows startup running slow after crash and hard shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timcahiu

timcahiu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:48 AM

So I was playing the battlefield 1 beta one night when all of a sudden everything freezes. No keys or anything responded, even my reset button did nothing when I tried to press it, so I figured the only option was to cut the power. After I did and my PC started to boot back up, I noticed it was oddly slower than normal. The startup screen lingered longer than usual, and the black screen after that stayed for a longer time than normal too, not an abysmally long time but long enough for me to notice. When everything does finally start up, it isn't different speed-wise than before the crash, however I've noticed that some things that worked with zero problems before suddenly didn't, like embedded videos in chrome not showing up. Not sure what happened to my PC, but from some of the threads I've seen before it looks like it may be a hardware issue, in which case I have no clue what to do, hope someone can help out.

Edited by timcahiu, 08 September 2016 - 04:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:31 AM

Hard shutdowns typically may result in damage to some files.  IMO, the best way to counter such is to run the chkdsk /r command after any hard shutdown or otherwise unanticipated freeze or noticeable impairment of the system.

chkdsk – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 - https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#From_Command_Prompt-4

Let us know how the system runs after trying that.

Louis

#3 timcahiu

timcahiu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

Thank hamluis, What's your email ?

free best ringtones, horror ringtones

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

I don't pass my email address out in a public forum...the presence of spambots would only increase my daily flow of spam received :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users