Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New GPU issues screen black pc keeps rebooting.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Doepi

Doepi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:50 AM

Hello,

Recently I bought a new video card the gtx 1060. And I installed it in the old gpu slot. The pc and card worked fine. But after 2 days while playing overwatch my pc just turned off and the screen went black.

My specs (as far as I could find them)

Intel Core i7 1st Gen Core i7-860 Quad 2.80GHz - http://www.pc-specs.com/cpu/Intel/Core_i7_1st_Gen/Core_i7-860_Quad_2.80GHz/479

GigaByte GA-P55-UD4 - http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/GigaByte/GigaByte_GA-P55-UD4/1818 ( http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3161#ov )

GeIL Black Dragon Dual Channel Kit - Memory - 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1333 MHz / PC3-10660 - CL9 - 1.5 V - ni

ASUS Geforce GTX 1060

Cooler Master V750 Watt also have a 650 Watt

A little bit of background.

Back in 2010 a friend of mine build this pc for me and put it together. He has helped out a lot during the years whenever I had a problem. But he moved away and we don't talk anymore on friendly terms.

I have been able to fix minor issues like replacing the power supply and adding RAM. Added a new cpu fan with his help.

I called a diffrent friend of mine when the pc screen went black and all it did was reboot itself.

Things we tried

Put in my old graphic card but the problem was still there.

Disconnected all the hard drives.

Cleaning the fans and pc

Replaced the power supply from 650 to 750.

Removed the battery and let the bios reset it self to factory settings.

The last thing made my pc boot up. I had the old graphic card installed at that moment. The pc started up normally and the prblem seemed fixed. I put in my new video card and have been able to game all day without any problems. The next day the same problem occurred and I haven't been able to boot the pc up at all. The screen stays black and no reaction other then fans spinning hard. I am not totally new with computers but I am at a loss here. I'm thinking of calling professional help but I don't want to give them my hard disks. so I will take those out if I deceide to use their service. I hope the problem isn't on the hard drive then.

I hope any of you here can help me out of shed a bit of light on my problem

Doepi~

PS, the graphic cards both work

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users