Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited or no connectivity on my desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikej62

mikej62

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

Recently, I've been getting a message that i have limited or no connectivity on my desktop that connects to my router. I haven't been able to log onto the internet as a result for 2 weeks.

I tried a few fixes. The repair option when I right click doesn't fix the issue. I read somewhere to type ipconfig in the cmd menu but when I do that, nothing comes up at all as if windows doesn't recognize that command. I tried to disable the connection, but i got a popup menu saying I couldn't do it.

I ran malwarebytes, but no viruses or spyware came up. The biggest issue I have with my computer is that I get bad image error popups often when I click on certain programs. About 10% of the time I can't open up something because of bad image error.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 07 September 2016 - 03:50 PM.
moved from XP to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

Try deleting your Wifi profile and create a new one. Can you connect using Ethernet? What is the make and model of the computer?

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:21 PM

"I read somewhere to type ipconfig in the cmd menu but when I do that, nothing comes up at all as if windows doesn't recognize that command."

Does it specifically say "'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."?

If so, from Run paste C:\Windows\System32 then type ipconfig in the top right search field. If it's not there, you have bigger problems then a bad image file. My gut is saying malware but I would start by checking the simple things. First run a System File Check(SFC) and then run a Disk Check(chkdsk).

#4 mikej62

mikej62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

"I read somewhere to type ipconfig in the cmd menu but when I do that, nothing comes up at all as if windows doesn't recognize that command."

Does it specifically say "'ipconfig' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."?

If so, from Run paste C:\Windows\System32 then type ipconfig in the top right search field. If it's not there, you have bigger problems then a bad image file. My gut is saying malware but I would start by checking the simple things. First run a System File Check(SFC) and then run a Disk Check(chkdsk).

I would press enter after ipconfig and it would simply go to the next command line as if nothing happened. no error or message.

Oddly, my internet is working again when I turned my computer today. I think I'm going to focus now on fixing the bad image issues I've been having. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users