Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clevo Notebook X7200 not booting~

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Victoly

Victoly

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:19 PM

Alright, guys... another question for you. I've got a big ol' Clevo Notebook X7200 that's having some issues. Initially, one of the pieces of its PSU wasn't turning on (A Chicony Model C:A09-022A); turns out its power cable was busted, so I replaced that. Both Chiconies turn on just fine now, and supply this beast with power. Good deal. So, I boot it up, and...

The fans turn on.
The Power/Mousepad/Volume/Wireless/Bluetooth/Camera LEDs turn on; the screen remains black.
The CPU LED flashes a few times intermittently as the NumLock, CapsLock, and ScrollLock keys flash in unison at the same interval, all for about ten to twenty seconds, and then the computer goes dark and shuts off.

Any suggestions? I'm going to start dissembling it and maybe swap the RAM around... hoping for another easy fix in that regard.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,597 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:48 PM

You may want to take a look at this 58 page thread. It seems there was a PSU issue where two adapter were required to provide enough power to the computer. I am not sure this is your problem though it may provide some clue. Have you tried powercycling the computer? I looked through the manual and the troubleshooting section made no mention of flashing Caps/Num/Scroll lock lights.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/sager-7280-clevo-x7200-power-supply-issues.522378/

From Wiki

Soon after its release, it was reported[by whom?] certain X7200/NP7280 configurations under heavy use would cause the power supply unit (PSU) to cut out, switching the power to the laptop's battery.[citation needed] In order to prevent the problem, Clevo developed a power connecting bridge so two PSUs could be used in tandem to provide the necessary power to the system, thus preventing the PSU from a fault.[citation needed]

#3 Victoly

Victoly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

Mm, it's currently set up with the dual PSU configuration. I couldn't find anything on the flashing Caps/Num/Scroll lock lights either. And they don't seem to be counting up or anything like that; simply flashing for fun. I'll check out that thread, though. @_@

I have, for the record, tried to power cycle it, to no avail. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users