Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, I am new here I was hacked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wannabegeek785

wannabegeek785

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

I joined because I had my computer hacked and he used a key logger and somehow got into my email online and had my emails forwarded to him first. He took all of my information from my computer including pictures, documents etc. He breached many peopled security by doing this.I learned that you get the people that received emails from you to do a header for you and you can find the other server that it went to. My problem is that the IP address was "private" but I found out the police will track it. Any other advice how to find out the owner?  Anything that I can do to keep my computer safer and this not to happen again? I have a police report in .
Thanks everyone

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

I notice you use the word "he". Do you know this person or suspect someone? Protecting yourself from a dedicated assault is very different then taking standard safety precautions. Are you sure you didn't just get some type of ransomware or malware?

Edited by Trikein, 07 September 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#3 wannabegeek785

wannabegeek785
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hi, yes, I have an idea of who it  was and I don't know what type of free security ware is out here for me to use. He took all my documents along with emails, my pictures etc and told me he will ruin my life and I will have to sell my house.  I am worried because I can no longer access this site from my own computer so I have to use a friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users