Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 danjah

danjah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:52 AM

Hey folks, I am having the same issue, but I can't even follow the troubleshooting steps - the ghost touches and mouse craziness is simply too fast and out of control. The only thing I can reliably do is do a fake power down by pressing the power button. This is a Surface Pro 3 with updates applied automatically, i think a few days ago when my daughter last complained about Microsoft updating & shutting down the device.

Any ideas, if I can't even get into Safe Mode?

EDIT: I finally managed to shutdown by using ALT+Fn+F4 and really quick Enter when the Shutdown dialog appears. It reboots, no change. Even the lock screen is jumping, as the ghost touches try to interact with the device.

EDIT: Argh, finally managed to reboot in Safe Mode, the touch circle is still going nuts.

EDIT: OK also managed to finally open Windows update, almost got cancelled by the ghost clicks...1607 Win 10 is applied now, with no improvement. I can't believe I paid so much for this piece of trash. This device has had several issues, this one the worst. We have another SP3 that has also had several issues with fans, overheating and pointer issues - MS slipped waay beyond recovery in my books.

Edited by danjah, 07 September 2016 - 03:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users