Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Mac code and IP address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fsizzle1

Fsizzle1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:05 AM

Hi, 

This is my first post on this site so thank you in advance! 

I have been doing some gambling and my account got restricted so I started another account in my brothers name but it said I have the same ip address and mac code. How can I change these so I can still use the same computer and internet but have a new IP address and Mac code. 

I saw this: 

https://technitium.com/tmac/ 

But don't know how to work it and don't want it changing mac code addresses all the time, just one new code for the gambling. 

Also what else can the companies see? Location? Software? Computer Name?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

That will only work if you have cable broadband or someone who uses DHCP. Who is your ISP and what model router do you have?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users