Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to download a video from the internet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ussvalor

ussvalor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:47 AM

I'm trying to download a video from the internet from the following website:

https://publisher.qbrick.com/Embed.aspx?mid=D7EE74D5

I've tried everything to download the video including downloading some popular video download programs and none of them seem to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:43 AM

What browser do you have? What programs have you already tried? Hopefully it's not everything or else your out of luck.

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

I'm trying to download a video from the internet from the following website:

https://publisher.qbrick.com/Embed.aspx?mid=D7EE74D5

I've tried everything to download the video including downloading some popular video download programs and none of them seem to work.

It could be protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM). If so, you won't be able to download it. This clip is not on Youtube so the typical Youtube downloaders on Firefox won't work. But there are extensions like Video Downloader and Easy Media Downloader that should work unless it is DRM protected.

#4 ussvalor

ussvalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

How can I tell if it's DRM protected or not?

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:51 PM

If the Firefox extensions I mentioned won't download the clip, it's DRM protected because it's the only type of clip they won't download.

#6 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

A screen capture program will work. However, you will lose some quality which doesn't matter if you simply want a copy for personal education/reference purposes. Whilst there are free programs you could try, FastStone Capture is an excellent tool and well worth the small cost.

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

#7 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:31 AM

Well, you actually don’t need to download video downloading program to desktop. In the present, there’re many online video downloading applications available, such as ClipConverter and Video Grabber. Perhaps, you haven’t heard those two tools. They are very convenient to use and free from any costs. Hope they will come into handy for you. Good luck!

#8 ussvalor

ussvalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:50 AM

Videograbber and Clipconverter didn't work. Faststone was the only one that worked but the speed and quality are so bad, I cannot use it.

#9 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2016 - 09:08 AM

Is this the only video you are trying to download or video like it to? If just this video, I can try to download it and send it to you via email or something if you want. 

#10 flamingo_go

flamingo_go

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

There are many programs for downloading videos from YouTube in App Store such asFree Video Downloader or Video Downloader. The main problem is that they don’t work. But the App Store also has a Video Download Browser, which downloads the video to the gallery on your IPhone.
This utility works like a normal browser, which has additional tools to download the videos. You can open the desired video on YouTube, then copy the link from YouTube for iOS.

Then, you need to play the video, and the program will show the button “save to memory” and the icon with a progress of the download. When the download is complete, navigate inside Video Download Browser in the video section and save the video to your gallery.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

If you read the thread, he's not trying to download a Youtube video. I don't know the content of the video but it appears to have DRM protection for some reason probably because it's instructional content that someone wants to sell and they are protecting their proprietary rights. They don't want to give the content away. As far as I know, a video with DRM protection can't be downloaded by anything. We get these requests occasionally and most of the time DRM is the issue. 

#12 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

OP PMed me and I was able to assist. Posting it here too in case anyone else has a similar issue. I used Internet Explorer but blocked flash from running, which allowed me to examine the source before the plugin hand-off. From that I was able to extract: 

http://down0.80022-down0.dna.qbrick.com/80022-down0/ncode/2015-12-16/JV_360p_bad2386c.mp4

Then I used VLC media player to save the file. The trick is when picking conversion settings, to pick the option to keep the audio and video track intact when encapsulating the MP4. So from VLC > Media > Convert/Save > Network tab > paste link above > Convert/Save button > Profile: Video H-264+MP3(MP4) > "Edit selected Profile" button > Select "Keep original XXXX track" for both the Audio and Video tab.

Edited by Trikein, 22 September 2016 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users