Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I get Win Explorer in Win 10 to look it did in Win XP?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

I just bought a new notebook with Win 10 and Office 2016. I started what I think is Win Explorer. But it doesn't look anything like it did on Win XP. Is there any way to make it look like it did so I get around while I learning to use the new system?

Thanks

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:48 AM

Perhaps the next nearest thing is to make Win/File Explorer show like it did in Win 7.

Usually on Win 10 file explorer can be accessed by clicking on the file icon in the left hand side of your taskbar (it should say file explorer when you hover the cursor over it)

Then read through this a couple of times and the follow the steps.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/configure-windows-10-file-explorer-this-pc-view/

#3 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

Thanks, Opera. That made it a little better. But it's still not what I want.

I guess I need to start looking for a replacement file manager. Does anyone have any strong recommendations?

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:59 AM

I just bought a new notebook with Win 10 and Office 2016. I started what I think is Win Explorer. But it doesn't look anything like it did on Win XP. Is there any way to make it look like it did so I get around while I learning to use the new system?

Thanks

Sure there is.  You can download and run this.  Choose to remove quick access and delegate folders.  You do not need to install any themes if you don't want.  Have fun.

https://mega.nz/#!9Z4mhQYL!6SW_HJeOxg_cVLf8d8iAk6tUtPJv3bbYh7xPnuvYTro
Uninstalls are included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users