Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone 6 Storage Capacity Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 srossi

srossi

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:50 PM

About a month ago I began receiving messages on my iPhone 6 that I was close to my storage capacity despite not having many pics or apps on the phone.  When I checked my storage capacity under "Usage", it said I still had about half my storage.  The problem has become progressively worse and now I am totally out of storage despite deleting ALL of my pics and vids and many of my apps.  Now under "Usage", it says I have 0 bytes available even though I've only been deleting and adding nothing.  Even when I plug the phone into my PC, it says I can't sync because there's not enough storage even though I just did so a few hours ago with no problem.  I should point out that I am not on the cloud at all. 

In addition, apps (including my e-mail) are starting to open and close immediately.  In the past 2 days, it seems like the entire phone is crashing. 

The only solutions I've heard are to restart my iPhone (which didn't work), or to upgrade to iOS 9.3.5 (which I don't have the storage capacity to do).  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:01 PM

Best thing that I can thing to try is to restore the iPhone.

Connect the iPhone to iTunes. Go to the iPhone "Summary" page in iTunes. Click on the "Back Up Now" button. This should initiate a backup of the iPhone (different than syncing), unless the iPhone is really screwed up. After the backup completes, then click on the "Restore iPhone..." button. This will wipe the iPhone, re-install the latest firmware/iOS version, and set the iPhone to "factory defaults" (albeit with the latest version of iOS rather than what the iPhone shipped with). One this is complete, with the iPhone still connected to iTunes, it should ask you if you want to setup this iPhone as new or restore from a backup. Choose the latter option and pick your backup. It will take a while, but it should restore your iPhone to how it was (i.e. installed applications, etc). You will likely have to type in some passwords and maybe adjust some settings unless you set your backup to be encrypted.

Hopefully, that will fix the issue as I suspect that iOS on the phone has become corrupted for some reason.

If that does not work, then the next best thing that I can think to do is take it to an Apple Store, assuming there is on relatively near you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users