Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomatetoro

tomatetoro

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:27 PM

Hi,

So this issue started out when I tried to install 11 or so important listed updates on my HP Pavilion computer running Windows 8.1. I canceled the installation because I realized I was about to install an update I didn't want, tried again with the updates I wanted, and the update installer won't work no matter what I do. I ran the troubleshooter several times with no remedy. Windows update has given me error code: 8024A000. I looked up solutions and found this: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/windows-update-error-8024A000/m-p/2918473/highlight/true#M72254

I tried that twice now and restarted my computer, it still doesn't work.

Currently it looks like this:

https://gyazo.com/692b67d6d73776e365b595fd5c8d1046

Please help me so I can install updates normally ;;

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xAnti_HerOx

xAnti_HerOx

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:20 PM

Before Continuing try Checking a Few Things First :  

• First, check if you have enough free disk space (at least 1 gigabyte) on your hard drive. 
  • Second, verify that time and date are correct on your PC - a date in the past or the future prevents both Windows Update and Genuine Windows Validation tool from working properly.
  • Third, run a Check Disk to verify that file system is not corrupt.
  • Fourth, have you tried restarting your computer? The simple move might fix problems with locked files and make everything right again.

Try Running the DISM and System Update Readiness Tool.

Windows updates and service packs may fail to install if there are corruption errors. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. The DISM or System Update Readiness Tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors. 

How ToFix Windows Update Errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness Tool

Also Try Performing a Clean Boot

How Tohttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If You Are Still Having Issues, Try Running the MSFixIt Tool 50202.It completely reinstalls Windows Update components. 

Because Microsoft Deprecated this tool, direct download link to Fix It Tool 50202

4mKMIUp.jpg

"The human spirit must prevail over technology". -Albert Einstein 

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:21 AM

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users