Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New gaming PC - All games stutter/lag.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hecter18

Hecter18

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

I'll try and keep this short  and simple.
During games sometimes I will experience brief lag, as if the game freezes for a split second, specifically 1-2 seconds. These lag spikes occur randomly and it becomes relatively annoying especially when I'm shooting someone for example in CSGO, I die because of it.
It's not a FPS problem because I get a solid 350+ FPS on CSGO and a solid 120+ FPS in Overwatch, the freezing happens in both games.

Last week I got sick of it happening so I decided to reformat my whole PC hoping it would fix the problem, luckily it did, which means it could of been a driver problem of some sort.
However the spikes have appeared again recently, they don't seem as bad but I know it's definitely there. It's like I have bad internet but that's definitely not the case, I can't figure out what the problem is.

Not sure if this is related but sometimes randomly I would hear a brief grinding noise coming form the tower, I can't figure out where the noise comes from but it could be either the PSU or HD. Which makes me think it's the HD which is the problem, is there any tests I can run to determine what is causing this? The grinding noises don't appear regularly at all, it's a hard noise to describe, like two metals plates grinding against each other.

My PC is new, I've had this for around 3-4 months now.

18d0d7651fceeeae749f226bc87c5709.png

This I have tried.

- Reformatted computer
- Uninstalled all unnecessary software (Razer Synapse, Corsair Utility etc)
- Updated all my drivers. GPU, Motherboard.
- I run a program to check my HDD and SSD, no errors occurred.
- Monitored my temps when gaming, everything is normal.
- Monitor my CPU usage when gaming, around 50% when in-game (CSGO).

Whoever can help me solve this problem I will reward you via payment. This has been happening for a while now and it's upsetting because my computer is fairly new.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

- Updated all my drivers. GPU, Motherboard

How did you upgrade the drivers?

Download display driver uninstaller and uninstall you current drivers. Download the drivers from the manufacturer's website and install them in safe mode. 

Whoever can help me solve this problem I will reward you via payment. 

There is no need for this. We are volunteers here at BC.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Hecter18

Hecter18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

- Updated all my drivers. GPU, Motherboard

How did you upgrade the drivers?

Download display driver uninstaller and uninstall you current drivers. Download the drivers from the manufacturer's website and install them in safe mode. 

Whoever can help me solve this problem I will reward you via payment. 

There is no need for this. We are volunteers here at BC.

I used this program before, I then went onto the MSI website to install my motherboard drivers and such. If I do it again, can you tell me the exact ones to install?

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

I have seen a lot of strange things happen after updates to the OS.  Problems from freezes, lockups and intermittent disappearance of hard drives and video cards.  Whether the OS updates caused the fault, or the download didn't take properly.

#5 Hecter18

Hecter18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:01 PM

I have seen a lot of strange things happen after updates to the OS.  Problems from freezes, lockups and intermittent disappearance of hard drives and video cards.  Whether the OS updates caused the fault, or the download didn't take properly.

So what should I do? I spent a fortune on a gaming rig and you're telling me it's because of windows?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users