This issue has been bugging me a lot recently. Whenever I am playing a multiplayer game like diep.io or Left 4 Dead 2, everything in the game stops for 1 seconds, starts again, and then does the same.
I thought my ping was the problem. So I went to Command Prompt and issued a ping www.google.com -t command.
Here is the result:
I don't even know what to do anymore to fix this.
I have a Netis WF2419 Router and a broadband wired connection.
Here is my configuration:
Broadband cable from my DNS is connected into my router's "WAN" port, and I have another cable connected from "LAN1" to my PC.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
- CPU: Intel® Pentium® G620 2.60 GHz Dual-Core
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1024MB DDR3
- RAM: 4 GB of DDR3 RAM
- PSU: Free Silent 500W Power Supply
- Motherboard: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0
Here is a list of everything I tried:
- Resetting my router to factory defaults. Helped for a while then it started again.
- Changing my DNS to Google DNS. Didn't work. Tried OpenDNS. Still not working. Left it default. Still not working.
- Cleaning up my PC and doing a complete internet repair using "Complete Internet Repair" tool. Not working.
- Changed ethernet cables, changed ports they were connected in, still not working.
- Contacted my ISP and told them if this issue was on their end, they said everything was fine.
- Tried looking for applications who use my internet, nothing was found except for Skype and Steam, and those aren't the problem.
- Connected cable from ISP directly to my PC, still not working.
I am completely stumped. Any help would be nice. I HATE this issue.
Edited by ScarXL, 06 September 2016 - 04:01 PM.