Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstall Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Herbert667

Herbert667

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Somebody installed Windows 10 on my computer.Although the program works I have a small problem

when installing a program as I get a message: Program already installed,please remove it and reinstall again.

But this is wrong as I cannot find this particular file.I am now coming to the conclusion there might be a bug

on the hard drive.

So what I hope to do is to install Windows 10 on a different hard drive but I have no clue how to achieve it.

What is even more confusing : Speccy tells me the serial # is T49TD... etc

My product IS is something like 00326-10000 etc

I read about the subject without understanding it completely.

Therefore the question to this forum: what is needed on the new hard drive in order to install Windows 10 ?

Window 7 ? ( which I have )

Can I use a brand new hard drive ?

Then I read something about a Windows ISO file which allows me to install Windows 10 on a different hard drive.

I would appreciate your help,going step by step.

Herbert667

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:13 AM

Yes you can use a brand new hard drive.  This will leave the old hard drive untouched - so you have a good chance of being able to recover things off of it (if it isn't damaged).

Use this link to install W10:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Use the tool in order to install a clean copy of the ISO file

To install W7, you may have a recovery partition on your system that has W7, or you may not.

The recovery partition may have been overwritten when W10 was installed, or it may not have been.

The only sure way to tell is to try.  If you go to far in the trying, it will wipe your system and you'll have to finish it in order to use the computer.

Another alternative is to contact the system manufacturer and get a set of their recovery media for your system.

Here's links for US users:  http://www.carrona.org/recdisc.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users