Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton has taken over

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

While trying to play some video. The video system  says I needed something to download Divx 10 so I installed it. Then all of a sudden it says that I have a problem with downloads. So then everything goes away and all I see is Norton. The screen went blank and all I get is a thing about Norton promising me that it will be all over once I call them up and do their little download thing.

So all I have is a Norton and nothing else. I can't get online or anything else. All I have is this one big Norton sign. Nothing else!!!! This computer has been a real pain in the bottom. I am thinking of betting a different system (windows 10). Maybe an older system with less problems.Unless someone there can give me some advise. I really don't have any money so no matter what, I will have to wait a while.

Just to let you know, on, Only Norton no other program even shows up, nothing but the old Norton thing. I am using this computer as the only one reliable to send this message. The other one I cannot get working.

Edited by hamluis, 06 September 2016 - 02:47 PM.
Moved from W10 Spt to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

Can you uninstall Norton?

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080416133836EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

Good Idea, but I have to call them because I can't get online. Nothing works

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:07 PM

What happens when you press the Windows + R keys?

Good Idea, but I have to call them because I can't get online. Nothing works

Nothing in those directions requires you getting on line.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:30 AM

Cannot uninstall Norton. 

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:42 AM

+1 Burn Norton with fire.  :flamethrower:

Do you mean you don't know how, or something is going wrong? If something won't work, what? 

#7 Davidwhodosentknow

Davidwhodosentknow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

I cannot explain it any more than this. Norton comes on and states that I have to go online and talk to them!!!! Nothing else even comes up!!!! Only the Norton Tab.     

I though that I could download the picture from my file.But apparently my saying davidwhodoesknow is true. I couldn't figure out how to put it on this sight. However, here it is on my Facebook sight  https://www.facebook.com/SenseiRay

Oh by the way, how can I download it to this sitey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users