Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anonymous1975

anonymous1975

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:51 PM

I just can not get into my laptop at all and I am trying to get my cv and some other information off there for a job. When I start the laptop I get a please wait message that just never ends so I can not get into the system to reboot in safe mode. I have also tried ctrl alt del to see it will allow me to boot into safemode which it wont, the same applies to shift and F8. So I downloaded the bootable usb from the MS site in the hope that I could repair the system.....that would not work as you can see from the attached pictures. I was being asked to remove the media and restart but if I do that then im back in the please wait boot cycle. So PLEASE if anyone knows how to solve this issue I would greatly appreciate it, even if its so I can remove some files I need to and perform a clean install. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

How important is the data on the drive? If it is mission critical, and you have access to another computer, I would suggest getting a SATA/IDE>USB adapter like this one. That way you can manually move the important files over before doing anything.

As for the OS on the drive, have you tried this work around? If that doesn't work, what OS do you have? 8.1? 10?

Also, what model computer do you have? Some systems come with pre-configured backup partitions that you might be able to run from the drive itself. 

#3 anonymous1975

anonymous1975
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I cant even get into the system to try that workaround.....that's the problem. They are critical files and im using 8.1, im trying to find a copy of msdart 8.1 but this is proving quite difficult also. 

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

From my understanding, the "Please Wait" occurs when trying to load the user profile. That means it is getting into the OS. The work around uses CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager and then disable the program causing the problem. It is possible your problem is stopping the task manager from coming up.

If you are looking for DaRT, try here.

#5 anonymous1975

anonymous1975
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:44 AM

Ok now the problem is back and im struggling yet again, my make and model is Toshiba Satellite C50-B-13N. I have tried shift and F10 which would work sometimes but now does not work at all.......really frustrated with this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users