Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Image Errors when starting a program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NytroBeast

NytroBeast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

Hi, never posted here before but I'm hoping someone can help me. Over the past couple days I've been having an issue where I start a program and I get an error saying: [Program name.dll or .exe] is either not designed to run on windows or it contains errors. Try reinstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor support.

This happens to several programs some of which are the following:

- ts3client_win32.exe (When the plugins try to load)

- nvspcap.dll

- DirectX

- several other programs i cant specifically remember

I ran a couple scans such as MalwareBytes AntiMalware, Windows Security Essentials and even done a sfc /scannow. All of these have come up fruitless. The programs it effects work fine after i click ok but i still get the error when they load.

I have tried reinstalling some of these programs but the error remains.

Could someone please try and help me, I'm at a loss and I have fairly poor internet so a complete wipe would mean days of downloading.

Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

My interpretation of "bad image" errors is that they are just the Windows method of indicating a problem which it cannot otherwise define or point out.  IMO, it depends on the system circumstances.

Causes can be file corruption...malware/adware...the named software...or other items I haven't experienced.  I usually try my file corruption theory first...then go to another guess if that proves incorrect.

Since you get errors with various named programs...let's try the generic approach first.  That would consist of running the chkdsk /r command and following that with running the sfc /scannow command.  Please bear in mind that running these commands one time may not do the trick of overcoming what may be wrong...many persons wrongfully assume that all is supposed to be "cured" in a solitary run of either/both commands.

Chkdsk From Command Prompt, Win 7 - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/?p=3067880

Run sfc scannow command prompt, Aura - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579699/missing-uxthemedll-file/?p=3736491

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 06 September 2016 - 01:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users