Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Did my computer died?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Perillo

Perillo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:10 AM

Well. Everything started a few days ago. I had windows 7 but it was not original. "Thid copy of windows is not original blablabla" so i decided to fix that, watched a tuto on yt,changed some users things then eliminated "slui" and then typed something on cmd and just like magic it was done, i had win 7 ultimate for free. The next day when i tried to log in it did not let. Something like "this account could not logon" watched another yt vid and fix it by changin'some things in safe mode. Everything cool. But then the worst things came. The computer freezed on the desk, i could move my mouse but could not select anything,the solution were to restart the computer. But today it just didnt wanted to work, i restarted it over and over again till the point that it doesnt even log in on my user. I tried safe mode but it freezed before even start. After another restart it said "checking file on system c" but it freeze on 42 percent. I dont know what else 2 do. My solution were to restore the system but if i cant log in... Help pls!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

Would you consider buying a copy of Windows? Or trying Ubuntu? If not, then I don't think you will find this forum willing to help you steal software.

#3 Perillo

Perillo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:16 AM

Would you consider buying a copy of Windows? Or trying Ubuntu? If not, then I don't think you will find this forum willing to help you steal software.

Of course i would considere! I just need to know if my HDD is dead

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

You can try running CheckDisk(ChkDsk) if you can get to a command prompt. See here for instructions. If not, you would need to either move the HD to another PC to check or install another OS on the disk to use it to scan. Considering your problem occurred when trying unknown registry changes to steal the OS, I would guess it is related to that. If this was a normal situation I would suggest a re-installation of the OS, but since yours is not valid, I can't suggest that.

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

Make sure you go to a real Microsoft vendor for your retail or not-yet-installed OEM Windows.

There are free utilities one can download, install and/or run that can test hardware [kind of, sort of] and hard-drive for sure.  If you know the maker and model of your computer and/or even better know the make and model of your hard-drive, you can download the correct HD diagnostic tools.

Again, make sure you go to a real Microsoft vendor for your retail or not-yet-installed OEM Windows.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Topic closed.

Excerpt from Forum Rules:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users