Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JazeGrly

JazeGrly

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

I have a Toshiba Satellite P25-609. Lately it has been shutting down on it's own when using a/c mode and does not go to battery mode. I'm not sure if it's the connection in the back of the computer, or the a/c adapter, but when I move the cord, particularly the piece that plugs into the computer, the lights that tell me if it's got power and battery charging blink. I have been able to set the cord to a place where I have power, but can barely touch my system and it disconnects again. On another note, it appears my battery is charged, however, I am certain that it's shot and needs to be replaced. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sandy K

Sandy K

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

Is it getting too hot? My sons Vaio (sony, no baloney) does the same thing. We put props under it to allow more cooling. Don't block the fan with the props, it helps a little bit.

#3 Infern0

Infern0

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

Lol! I had that same Laptop, and also that same problem. I tried propping it up to let it vent also, but that didn't work. I'd be doing something online and then the computer would shut down if I moved the cord even a little bit. grrrrr, the memories. I eventually got a new adapter for it and it fixed the problem.
Posted Image

#4 JazeGrly

JazeGrly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:07 PM

It was getting real hot a couple of weeks ago. I did the same thing, put props under it, made sure they weren't covering the fan opening. Thing is, the darn connection. Not sure if it's my a/c cord or the connection in the computer. Soooo frustrating. I couldn't even get the connection to boot up today, so I'm dead in the water at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users